Custom WordPress Fully ADA WCAG 2.1 AA compliant website development for Athens, Georgia Public Health
The client is a government organization, Providing Public Healthcare services in Georgia Athens services 10 counties of northeast Georgia. Their primary objective is to Provide free and low-cost services to everyone within their area and promoting healthy lifestyles among community members.
The client reached out with requirement of revamping their existing WordPress website as per best UI/UX practices and making their website fully ADA WCAG 2.1 AA level compliant, without using any Widget / plugin.
- All county health departments were organizing events to promote health-related services and awareness events. They wanted to create a dynamic county section with quick helpful links and county-specific services where they could easily manage all the events & they want to make sure; it should be easy to navigate for the users.
- Another challenge was the location page with the map integration of all different health departments in an organized, convenient, and easy to navigate for the users. There were a few areas/locations which only had P.O Box number.
- In order to be efficient they wanted to add new jobs and Press Release automatically using API and Data Scraping from state website.
- They had Covid data dashboard with custom charts and information as HTML file format, generated from third party application and it was required to be Integrated seamlessly and dynamically within website, and we had to make sure Covid Dashboard design would be changed as per state guidelines automatically once it is upload on new website.
- Along with custom design we had to ensure website must be Fully ADA WCAG 2.1 AA compliant with the best website accessibility practices for future updates as well.
- As this was a public health website, another challenge was to add translator with following the brand guidelines and had to make sure any names, contact number and address are not automatically translated along with other web page content.
- They wanted us to complete their website in about 12 to 14 weeks. although at the same time, they were very flexible and helpful and supportive about providing us required information/approval on or before time.
- Website redesign
- Automated and Manual Website Accessibility Audit
- Custom WordPress Development
- ADA web accessibility remediation services
- ADA website accessibility consulting & support
- Website Maintenance retainer