WordPress undoubtedly is the most popular Content Management System and consistently used by companies for their web development needs for ages. Today, it is the leading platform powering up more than 30% of all the websites in the business community. It offers a wide range of templates, themes, plugins, and other customization options due to which it has become the most preferred platform. Hence, many IT firms are keen on deploying WordPress CMS for bolstering their digital needs.
To build a website that amplifies your digital presence and becomes your source of revenue, it is important to shell out a few bucks in choosing a WordPress development company. But the tricky part is to find the right WordPress CMS development company. Fret not! In this blog post, we are listing down a few criteria that need to be considered while finding the right company.
- Dig into their portfolio - Check the portfolio of the WordPress CMS development company. You can look into their previous work samples that provide you a fair idea of their services, the industry verticals they worked on, client satisfaction based on their reviews and testimonials. Some companies might have worked with multiple industries across different verticals while others are niche-specific. Niche-specific brings in the full expertise required for your needs but multi-industry ones are also good as they bring in diversity and new perspectives. It is up to you to decide which one to go with.
- Technical Proficiency - Always know their technical expertise and how current are they when it comes to the latest development trends. Do they have adequate PHP knowledge? How about their working skills with MySQL or Maria DB? Have they worked with the latest WordPress versions? And what frameworks are they familiar with? What is their total experience working with WordPress CMS? This helps you to understand both their experience and expertise before collaborating with the company. A proper WordPress company also knows about website hosting, content optimization, and inclusion on social platforms.
- Experience - A company with WordPress developers who have ample experience helps you in many ways like respecting the time limitations, foreseeing certain problems, immediate resolution when faced with an issue, and more. Their technical experience comes in handy while offering insights during the customization process. They also follow an organized approach in the development process.
- Verify their Reviews and Testimonials - Do your own research on the company before you believe zero in on the company. You can go to the client testimonial or review section and see their feedback. If it isn’t against the policy, you can also ask for the client’s details to know the first-hand review. Positive feedback is an assurance for you when you are confused about whether to go with it or not.
- Adequate Security - As much as WordPress is popular all over the world, it is also a soft target for cybercriminals. They keep trying to hack the website and manipulate the tools to make the website malfunction. A good WordPress development agency should put its foot down to keep the WordPress sites safe and secure. The company should be able to provide security mechanisms like updating WordPress versions, plugins, and themes to incorporate the latest security mechanisms into the websites.
- Problem-Solving Capabilities - Website development is a complex process and prone to multiple issues and problems throughout the process. You need efficient WordPress developers who have great problem-solving skills and find a way out from even complex situations. Their efficiency and quality are vital for an effective WordPress web development process.
- Strategic Planning - A WordPress development company should invest in strategic planning for getting the project on time. They should be committed to understand your requirements better, sketch out a roadmap on how to go about it with timelines. They should have solid planning on how to achieve the tasks within well-defined deadlines. With proper planning, all your ideas can be translated beautifully into fully-functional websites.
- Communication is vital - Any successful collaboration is built upon effective communication. Understand how well the company is communicating with you from your initial interaction. Are they swift in their replies? Do they show keenness in understanding your requirements? How well they are in putting forth their plans and roadmap to go with the WordPress development?
- Maximum Value for Money - WordPress itself is an open-source platform and is cost-effective. The right agency should provide design and development aspects at competitive prices and offer high-quality websites. The Return on Investment (ROI) should be maximum. Find out how much they charge for the development, hosting, plugins, extensions, and customization options. You can research different companies’ quotations before you pick one.
- Post-development Support - Website development doesn’t end with the deployment. It needs constant monitoring for any performance issues, security bugs, errors, and for the latest updates. A WordPress development agency should be available round the clock to troubleshoot and ensure the smooth functioning of the website. They should be willing to allot the resources for handling any unforeseen emergency issues.
- Customer Relations - Find out the WordPress development company that has a positive reputation in the market owing to its better customer relationships. A company which has been having a positive reputation in the market wouldn’t do anything that mars it. They would be cordial in their interactions with the clients. They would build relationships with the clients and they make a comeback for their future needs as well. They would maintain the same standards for their clients.
- Transparency - They sign an NDA with the clients respecting the privacy of their data. Make sure you have everything in writing from the company to safeguard your data and any customer information. A proper NDA is fool-proof and safeguards your sensitive data and remains confidential. This shows that you can rely on the company and trust it with your information.
Benefits of choosing a WordPress Development Company
A brief walkthrough of how a WordPress development company benefits your enterprise.
- Builds high-quality websites that are easy to use, navigate, and customize.
- Assist you in fixing any bugs
- Install plugins and extensions to enhance the website functionality
- Stay current on the latest WordPress updates
- Install the latest WordPress version
- Optimize the websites for Search engines
- Edge out your competitors with a custom WordPress website.
Choosing the right WordPress development company provides you the springboard for building a perfect WordPress website specific to your business needs. The aforementioned checklist is a good way to assess the capabilities of the WordPress development company. Focus on the above aspects to narrow down to the best WordPress CMS development company.
Skynet Technologies drive your business forward with WordPress CMS website development services that include rich functionality, robust and scalable capabilities. We are excelled in offering robust, elegant & profitable web solutions for the global clientele. With massive experience, we develop feature-rich and responsive websites with great finesse.