To align with the company’s strategy, in the initial phase we considered the application’s flow and identification requirements and started accordingly. We followed the agile methodology for keeping the balance between changing requirements with time and rapid application deployment. We created a real-time collaboration with the internal teams and offered an amazing working environment using an effective tool Git.
- To create a responsive ecommerce web application, we used a CSS framework like Bootstrap and did testing on every device with different screen sizes and browsers to ensure the application’s responsiveness.
- By understanding Aimeos default structure and using Laravel with Aimeos, we customized the application as per the client’s requirements.
- Doofinder’s APIs are generally used in core PHP, we tried to set them as per Aimeos search functionalities.
- We built the Aimeos backoffice with Vue.js using Aimeos custom codes. Our team checked all the codes and implemented them in the required sections. Also, developed a new section in Aimeos backend.
- Aimeos data migration is based on cron jobs and because we had to follow Aimeos documentation, we made a script to import data like the product, category, price, orders, etc. from the existing website. We also provided the option to import CSV data with sample download functionalities.
- Aimeos uses the i18 translation method, but it does not have any backoffice section where the admin can translate the keywords. Thus, we developed a new translation section to manage the Aimeos default translation and where the admin can add new translation keywords. This translation section over-rights Aimeos’ .po functionalities and generates its own translation keywords file, which helps understanding the customer’s language by reading the keywords.
- For minimizing the loading time, we load one section at a time, wherein other sections wait at the backend, which ultimately reduces the loading time. Also, decreased the external js and CSS usage and they are allowed to load only if required.
- We have integrated with umpteen payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, etc. because they have proper documentation, but Redsys was tough to integrate. To resolve this issue, we integrated it with the normal website in the first place and then converted it to Aimeos based integration.
- We have customized every section in a way that they can be integrated with all the modules.
Key features of the Aimeos ecommerce web application
- Customers can be able to sign up or login from the general ecommerce website.
- Products’ browsing can be done from the home page, and product lists to get a detailed description of products.
- Category-based product listing with filter.
- Comment/ review option for customers to add reviews for the products they used or bought. Also, customer can ask any questions if they have about the products; and like/unlike the questions comment. If another customer has asked for a review on some product, they can answer as well.
- Ecommerce web application with easy order placement and checkout functionalities and multiple payment options including Redsys payment gateway.
- The client has backend access to manage the product orders, discounts, pricing rules, and offers.
- It has dedicated dashboards for each customer to manage their profiles, orders, subscriptions, invoices, etc.
- Application with functionalities to manage abandoned carts and recover them.
- CMS can be managed from the backend.
- Customers can find a category and author-based blogs (that are added by the admin from the backend) to read them and they can also leave comments on the blogs.
- Customers can find the detailed information (address, contact detail, store timings, etc.) of brick-and-mortar stores from the application. Locating stores from maps is also possible.
- The application also has –
- Aimeos backend to manage application data like the product, category, order, etc.
- Email subscribers and subscription
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Sitemap XML
- Redirect sections
- Robot Txt Editor
- Language translation
- Manage stores and blogs
We successfully developed the Aimeos based ecommerce web application within the stipulated time and pre-defined budgets. The ecommerce web application is performing well and getting positive responses. Not limited to this, it is reaching its target audience and sales are also increased.
Aimeos ecommerce development
We are an international ecommerce partner of Aimeos. With proven expertise in building top-level ecommerce stores using Aimeos, we guarantee a professional, full-featured & high-performance ecommerce website for you without any hassles. Whether you require Aimeos store development, redesign, migration, upgrades, integration, Aimeos maintenance and support, Aimeos multi-vendor multi-channel marketplace, multi-tenant SaaS solution, or anything; we can help you to develop a full-fledged Aimeos ecommerce store.
Contact us at email@example.com or submit your request free quote for more information.