A leading Michigan-based nutritional supplement store meets the current dynamic ecommerce needs with King Cart to osCommerce migration!
The client has an ecommerce website, helping thousands of people to improve their health from over 20 years. Many of their powerful, and very often completely unique, nutritional, and energetic supplements work in ways that nothing else does. The client has approached us for website redesign and migration from their existing old and outdated shopping cart King Cart to osCommerce. The main challenge is they will require it in just 20 days of turnaround.
Migrating a website from one platform to another can be a stressful and uncertain time if it is not carefully planned and well-executed. A good roadmap is necessary for replatforming to osCommerce from another platform like KingCart, with a smooth transition and minimal downtime. The goal was to deliver just the minimum viable project to meet scope/quality, concrete deliverables, deadline, and budget.
Their existing old software KingCart was discontinuing their shopping cart services so client wanted to migrate their store to osCommerce as soon as possible. Additionally, they want to extend the functionalities, improve the performance and security, review / refine content and improve UI/UX of their store for better user experience.
The objective setting and approach
- Setup basic things to osCommerce
- Site optimized for mobile
- Migrate all product data and images, catalog, customers, historical orders from KingCart to osCommerce. (Import has done using its own software named as Panorama on Mac)
- Setup Authorize.net Payment Gateway.
- Setup shipping like existing KingCart ecommerce store, USPS shipping, and free shipping.
- Create URL 301 redirects, update site map, and submit to webmaster.
- Specific website features:
- Ability to Sign in with old KingCart Customer ID.
- Download Order log with predefine format like KingCart was doing.
- Add Affiliate section like website.
- Ability to reorder from customer account.
- Convert CMS pages to blogs as KingCart using CMS pages as category.
- Once Order log downloaded, Order status would change to delivered.
- Blacklist specific customers from placing orders.
- Added support for older browser to view images as an alternative of next gen webp format.
Ecommerce site migration (From King-Cart to osCommerce)