How does Texas-based motorcycle parts supplier meet the dynamic ecommerce business requirements with osCommerce to Shopify migration?
The client has an ecommerce website for various kind of Motorcycle parts including Dzus hardware, Angled Valve stems, Vesrah Brake pads, Brembo, Bicycle Brakes, and more. The client has approached us for an ecommerce site migration from osCommerce to Shopify.
Migrating a website from one platform to another can be a stressful and uncertain time if it is not carefully planned and well-executed. A good roadmap is necessary for replatforming to Shopify from another platform like osCommerce, for a smooth transition and minimal downtime. The goal was to deliver just the minimum viable project to meet scope/quality, concrete deliverables, deadline, and budget.
There can be compelling reasons to upgrade a site, including adding functionality and improving performance and security. Additionally, it provides the opportunity to review and refine content, and improve UI/UX design for better user experience.
The objective setting and approach
- Setup basic things to Shopify standard account
- Site optimized for mobile
- Migrate all product data & images, catalog, customers, historical orders from osCommerce to Shopify.
- Setup Shopify CC processing & PayPal payments.
- Setup shipping similar to existing osCommerce table rate, FedEx Shipping, and free shipping.
- Create 301 redirects, update site map, and submit to webmaster.
- Specific website features:
- Ability to restrict sales of a product, to specific markets.
- Quote on shipping before checkout.
- Restrict shipping for specific products to billing address only.
- Ability to control the method of shipping the customer can use based upon the product.
- Search tool for specific product groups by vehicle: Year, Material, and Model Filter (YMM).
- Out of Stock: Custom notice in product page (customer side).
- Out of Stock: Notification on admin side about products out of stock.
- Holiday/Vacation Notice.
- Blacklist specific customers from placing orders.
Ecommerce site migration (From osCommerce to Shopify)